Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl: the digital army

It's going to be a nutty week, so most of my posts will either be recaps or 'forwards' from other articles, but I couldn't let the Super Bowl pass without mention. The Super Bowl isn't traditionally the venue for a major network to breakout new technology as there are already enough distractions and logistical nightmares. This year was no exception, but I've noticed that every year we hear the word 'more' at the Super Bowl. More coverage, more cameras, more explosions. Well, if you're going to bring 'more' to the masses then it takes an army. This CNET article provides a nice background on the sheer firepower it takes to keep the Super Bowl afloat. Oh, and of course it analyzes Twitter (Big Surprise!). I spend an unusual amount of time monitoring media as part of my profession and not an hour goes by that someone isn't mentioning Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment